Monday, January 24, 2011

Jasmine Star Workshop

I honestly don't know how to start. This journey began months ago with an email...and a whim. Well I wouldn't say whim. I have wanted to go to a Jasmine Star workshop for years, now. But on a chance I applied, thinking I wouldn't get the spot. Then I did. And with support from my ever supportive father he said go. And I did.
Just the idea that I was going to the workshop gave me motivation to kick my photography into gear. And then the day before leaving for California, I felt sick. I thought to myself what have I gotten myself into. I'm such a baby compared to all these expert photographers. I worried, and worried till I met them. We then talked photo talk. And I understood. 
Then it was Monday, and I put on my best outfit (from Target) and went. Notebook in one hand and camera in the other. And I sat, wrote, learned, and was inspired. 
Jasmine has a way of making you feel like you have known each other forever. I felt comfortable to fail in front of her. She told us from the beginning of the day that she was going to push us, and that is just what she did. I really have learned SO much from the workshop. Now its just a matter of applying all that I have learned. 
So Thank You Jasmine, JD, and all my new amazingly talented Photo friends. I will be eternally grateful for the things you have all taught me.


Now introducing the stunning 
Chrisoula Baroudos & Dylan Carbone.


Blog9

Blog1

Blog2

Blog3

Blog4

Blog5

Blog6

Blog7

Blog8


The lovely ladies sitting at my table!

Blog11

And My favorite picture.

Blog10


The Links:
The Workshop, courtesy of Jasmine Star – http://Jasmine-Star.com/
Hair and Makeup by the lovely Vivian Tran: http://allmadeupteam.com

The DRESS by Quail Bridal:http://www.quailbridal.com/
Hair Piece by Thorn and Pedal: http://petalandthorn.net
Florals by Jaclyne:
 http://www.heavenlybloomsblog.com/

10 comments:

  1. Martha,

    These are amazing and beautiful. I am so excited you were able to go and learn. I can't wait to see many more wonderful photos from you!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. um. WHY AM I SO SHORT?! youre pictures are ah-mazing. seriously, i sat here oooh-ing, and ahhh-ing over each one! it was so nice meeting you. ah, great work. i LOVE these pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha! These look so excellent. My favorite is the one where they are laughing and she is slightly in front of him. So gorgeous. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures, and I love your post processing style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and love all the photos! Our table rocked =) Keep up the great work, you'll go far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! These look great. I'm so happy you were able to go! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Martha, these are fab!!! Thank you so much for coming out!! And your outfit (from Target) was so cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone!
    And Thank you Jasmine! I loved your outfit too, in fact much more than my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love!!! This images are so crisp! What were you shooting with at the workshop?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christina, you have no idea how happy you just made me. Crisp is totally one of my words!
    and I shot all these with my 50mm but its only a 1.8. I want a 1.2...but this was SO much cheaper. haha

    ReplyDelete