Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Proposal.

I've known Andy for something like two years now, and I've never seen him this nervous. Or nervous at all. But today he looked like a little boy about to have his first kiss, and I know this was not their first kiss. He planned everything, down to the exact spot to kneel down. He tested out both knees, did a few dances and then headed out to get the girl.
Andy is a light programmer at school (meaning he sets/ programs the lights for all the shows on campus) so he programmed the lights for this big moment. The plan was to bring her in to the auditorium where he had a single flashing light on the middle of the stage. He planned on walking in, bringing her on stage and then leaving her to go "check out" the mysterious light. But when they got there she clung onto his arm and wouldn't let go because, honestly it was a freaky scene. Andy being a pretty determined guy basically ran away for her, so that the plan would work. The lights went black, and returned with a spot light, Andy on one knee, and a completely shocked Raven. He proposed, she said "Yeah". And then they slow danced, and kissed as our friend Micheal played an original piece.

It was magical, and made us all tear up. 

My favorite part was Raven's response, she went from being scared, to shocked, to the happiest girl in the world. Raven is my new friend and roommate, and she is literally the coolest girl ever. 

I'm so happy for you two. Thanks for letting me capture this special moment. 

blog1
blog2
blog4
blog5
blog6
blog7
blog8

And look at this bling!
blog

I love, love.

xoxo Martha Mae

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos, great narrative, even the typo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm just creeping on your website.. seeing if you have done anything recently! I know your busy.. but you need to post something!

    Also this is adorable. I didn't see this post last time I looked. They are so cute and I love it!

    ReplyDelete